Respect- Day 11-20
As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody if I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.
Self-respect forms the foundation of all the decisions you’ll ever make, how you treat yourself, and how you allow others to treat you. But is self-respect crucial for happiness?
You may think the key to happiness lies in health, wealth, and the success of your personal relationships. And all these things are key elements on the path to greater fulfillment.
But what many fail to recognize is that self-respect is crucial for happiness.
The difference between self-respect and self-esteem
Self-esteem is knowing you can conduct yourself confidently in every situation. Outwardly, you are successful, which contributes to your self-esteem. But it’s possible to experience and act with self-esteem while having little self-respect.
The problem with just relying on self-esteem, or being caught up in this evaluative framework, is the moment you have a bad day and doubt yourself, you fall prone to blame, guilt, regret, and stress.
The Next 10 Days of The Challenge…
During the next 10 days of this 90-Day Balance Challenge, we will be discussing, Respect!
Each day you can go to the topic headers and new posts will be added. Each of the coaches will be participating in the challenge with you. They will be documenting their own personal journeys as well as supporting you all yours.
Challenge: Assess The Level Of Self-Respect You Have
- Day 11
- Assertiveness: Are you Assertive?
- Day 12
- Self-acceptance: Do you practice self-acceptance?
- Day 13
- Spirituality: Are you nurturing your inner peace?
- Day 14
- Realism: Are you able to step back and look at criticism from a detached perspective?
- Day 15
- Focus: Do you often compare your accomplishments to others?
- Day 16
- Forgiveness: Do you find yourself living in the past?
- Day 17
- Respect Others: Are you able to see the best in others?
- Day 18
- Humility: Do you need others’ praise to feel good about yourself?
- Day 19
- Responsibility: Are you ready to take responsibility and build a life of intention and joy?
- Day 20
- The Truth About Respect (how to balance it all)