Self-Confidence- Day 31-40
As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.
Through self-confidence, we are looking to achieve a better relationship with ourselves. When we peel back the mask and accept who we are within something interesting happens. We are able to achieve higher levels of success in all aspects of our lives. We become more adventurous and the creativity seems to flow unendingly.
Challenge: Are you willing to see yourself for who you really and and love that person unconditionally?
- Day 31 – You are the sum of your surroundings
- It’s a common cliché and you’ve more than likely heard it. You are the sum of the five people you most associate with. First, this is completely true. Second, when you hear clichés I advise you to lean in and look a little harder. Something didn’t become a cliché because it’s not extremely relevant and relatable. Back to the point, think about where you want to be in life, and does your immediate circle of influence represent that? If no, seek out a new circle. Even if these people are just online and you may never meet them in person. Buy their books, consume their content, and level up.
- Day 32 – Take care of your body: Diet
- You are what you eat. Eat crap and crap you shall become. Follow along with our nutrition coach and fuel your body with the right foods to make you healthier, stronger, and more energized.
- Day 33 -Take care of your body: Exercise
- Simply exercising 3 to 5 times a week can increase blood flow to the brain and make you smarter. Couple that with a better diet and you are on your way to not only feeling better but looking better which improves self-confidence massively.
- Day 34 – Take care of your body: Meditation
- Meditation can boost self-confidence by helping you accept and recognize yourself. Meditation can help you stop negative self-talk and teach you to detach from highly emotional situations and gain perspective to make better decisions that will make you feel better about yourself.
- Day 35 – Take care of your body: Sleep
- Sleep, or lack thereof, can destroy your emotional state and diminish all forms of confidence.
- Day 36 – Love Thy Self
- When you see yourself in the mirror do you smile? Try it and throw in the occasional, “Hey, I love you.” You’re allowed to love yourself, in fact, it’s encouraged.
- Day 37 – Word choice
- Think about how to categorize things. Do you routinely tell yourself you hate something preventing you from even trying it? Perhaps when something goes wrong you say “I can never do anything right!” Try mixing it up and saying “I can do better next time.” These small shifts in how we talk to ourselves have massive impacts on our perception.
- Day 38 – Make your environment beautiful
- When you love where you are you will have the confidence to be you. Imagine your room for example. Now close your eye and think about what your room could be if it was a magical place you loved to be. Take steps to do this with all your spaces and see your confidence soar.
- Day 39 – Posture and Presence
- There is a Harvard study conducted by doctor Amy Cuddy and her team that measured hormone levels while maintaining different postures. Standing with your chest up and shoulders back in a “power position” Adopting a power position sends chemical signals to the brain that can modify the way you feel. Stand up straight, or sit, smile, with your chest u and shoulders back and down to send those signals to the brain. Presence is referring to body and mindful awareness. Start with observing your breathing. When you’re feeling stress try taking 6 deep inhales through the nose and fully out through the mouth. Scan your body starting at the toes working all the way to the top of your head. Take notice of tension in your body and seek to understand what is causing the stress. Feel the energy within your body ask it a question, a simple why. These mindful practices can help you ground yourself and bring balance.
- Day 40 – Becoming More Confident is Becoming Braver
- Counter to what you may think we do not attain higher levels of confidence from becoming less fearful. We become braver. Public speaking, sales, marketing, getting to the gym, wearing a bikini. If reading any of these has that anxiety feeling welling up in your chest the above are all small practices that over time will help you build confidence and more importantly become braver.